How can we help you? 1.800.832.8992
Product Development - Bench Chemist
Position: Product Development - Bench Chemist
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Reports to: Director of Project Management and Development
The primary responsibilities of the Product Development Chemist are the design and/or development
of new products, including the enhancement of current products, and to provide technical support and
training to the Quality Control Unit (QCU), production, customer service and sales teams. Secondary
responsibilities include overseeing pilot scale manufacture of new products, investigating new raw
materials and/or technologies, and assisting the Quality Assurance team in conducting OOS
- Design and develop new products
- Manage lab projects and records
- Modify and/or improve existing products
- Provide technical product support across all levels
- Develop and assist in the creation of batching procedures
- Oversee pilot scale up of new products
- Investigate, analyze and recommend manufacturing equipment for better efficiencies/effectiveness
- Investigate product failures (OOS)
- Provide timely data to V.P. of R&D for review and authorizations
- Review new formulary
- Product Development and micro lab background
- Must follow all safety guidelines
- Must maintain a clean work environment and follow all quality policies
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to think and act cross-functionally
- Ability to create documents and reports.
- Good organizational skills.
- Work individually or with a team.
- Communicate in a professional and mature manner.
- Maintain neat and accurate records.
- Pay close attention to detail and follow instructions closely.
- Bachelor's Degree required in chemistry or related science field.
- Minimum 1 year bench work experience (product development & micro lab)
- Knowledge of cGMP procedures, FDA & EPA regulatory requirements a plus.
Interested candidates please apply online at www.canberracorp.com/careers.